Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hiking Hollywood Style

I recently went hiking with a friend in Malibu Creek State Park. Been there before, but it got me thinking about M*A*S*H.


For those that don't know, Malibu Creek used to be owned by Fox and used for filming (then called Fox Ranch). The whole 11 seasons of M*A*S*H were filmed there and the filming location is now along the main hiking trail, with a rusted out ambulance and jeep remaining from the show.

Learned lotsa cool things about M*A*S*H online today. Makes me want to watch the show again. Also, I realize what I like now that I didn't get as a kid: It's a dark comedy.





I remember M*A*S*H as a show my grandmother watched when I was a kid. It was mostly black-and-white, so I, in my 7-year-old wisdom, deemed it unworthy of my attention. The final episode still remains the most watched show in TV history. THAT says something about it!

Today's TV is . . .
M*A*S*H Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen



The final scene. An appropriate ending to a long show. Yeah, I think I could tear up at this one.

No comments: