Thursday, April 9, 2009

Retro 90's

Each generation's pop culture seems to fall in a 10-15 year period - high school, college, through twenties. By the time a generation reaches 30, they've got their own culture. They start to think that the new stuff is too shallow/loud/annoying. By 30, their generation has been defined.

Well, I'm nearing that mark myself. But I have no idea about my generation's pop culture. A big part of this blog is discovering my generation. Sure, I'm pulling from modern stuff and from the 60's / 70's, but I want to discover the things I'm expected to know.

Which means . . . the 90's. Yes, unfortunately, I'm a decade behind. But I especially want to look back on the 90's and see what I was missing (though I don't expect much . . .).

So, I give you . . .

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
(The song is from Bring It On, but this is what I expected from the whole show.)



Yeah, I know. But hey, back in high school, everyone seemed to be into this. Even in college, they'd talk about it. Although I did watch TV occasionally, I never saw a single episode of Buffy. Had NO idea what it was about. It just sounded plain stupid.

I'm now on season 2. Stroke of brilliance to make Angel evil. Show would have got boring / died otherwise. DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING!!!

3 comments:

Chemi said...

buffy is the best - lemme know if you want to borrow the other dvds! :-D

Jennifer said...

Yeah, I will . . . maybe this weekend.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha. 'NO SPOILERS'

buffy is the best. that first season cracks me up when i watch it again, oh early 90s fashions, you are so funny.
- gus