Monday, April 6, 2009

Pioneers of Hard Rock

Genre names aren't always what they seem. Alternative Rock? Pretty mainstream. And hard rock? Can be kinda mellow.

After hearing a recent reference to Led Zeppelin, I decided to learn about them next. Well, I should rephrase that, I decided to learn about him. Cuz, you see, I've always thought Led Zeppelin was a man. Thought it was some cool stage name or distortion of a foreign name.

Anyway, I discovered it's a band. Hard rock, from the 70's. I respect their breakup at the death of the drummer (less drama than I would have expected) and their release of their nameless fourth album (a stick-it-to-the-man attitude).

Today's song is . . .
Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven



Long and reflective. It surprised me that this is their number one song.

No comments: