Monday, April 27, 2009

Top of the Week: Songs stuck in my Head

I never used to understand how people could not know the words to a song - either you know it or you don't. But since I've been learning a song a day, I can't actually learn all the words. It's just the chorus running in circles in my head. It's so annoying to have a chorus in my head and no verses!

Also, I'm noticing a trend here. It's the pop songs that get stuck: "Sexy Back" and "Poker Face" especially, also "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For". They're the songs that hammer one line into into your head, until it pierces deep in your brain and is triggered by every little synapse.

But it's only one sentence! So then I need to hear the rest of the song, I desperately seek out the song, and listen with the relief of an addict overdue for a dose.

Here's another catchy one....
Flo Rida's Right Round



No comments: